-->

Sunday 25 February 2018

XXX Maniak - Harvesting The Cunt Nectar


Harvesting The Cunt Nectar (yes lol) is the only full length record from bizarre hyper-fast drum machine goregrind unit, XXX Maniak. The band's linear notes, backstory and attention to gory detail really made this record stand out to me when it was released; the type of thing that perfectly appealed to the grotty 17 year old finding his footing in the world of grindcore. In the seemingly endless sea of digigrind projects on MySpace, XXX Maniak set the gold standard for what you could do with a drum machine, a perverse sense of humour and several guest appearances from Rich Hoak. 

The overall production quality is miles better than anything the band would release until their split with Coffins, and the whole splatter-tastic thing is dotted with hilarious samples, most of which I believe were created by the bands themselves. I could go through the tracklist and point out a whole bunch of my favourites, but I'd be here all day. If you haven't heard this goregrind gem, then please give it a spin!

I sold my 12" splatter version of this, which a part of me deeply regrets, but this remains a solid goregrind record. For truly perversive deviants only.


No comments:

Post a Comment