-->

Saturday 24 February 2018

The Autopsy Of Jane Doe (2016)


The Autopsy Of Jane Doe starts as a promising creeper, where a pathologist / medical examiner father & son duo come across a female corpse that has sustained horrific injuries and is harbouring all sorts of bizarre secrets. Dad (Brian Cox) is a methodical and professional character, who offers interesting insights into each increasingly bizarre discovery on or in the girl's body. I felt that there was over-use of musical queues (I hate being told when to be scared), but asides from this, the film was building an interesting level of suspense and it was genuinely puzzling how the girl had been killed.

And then, in what I can only describe as a Dusk 'Til Dawn style twist, the film just strays off into the fucking cosmos. Think Cabin In The Woods, but without a single hint of irony, homage or parody. Yeah, I love weird shit, and I'm pretty partial to horror, even of the supernatural variety. But, this, this was just pure fucking dreck. I won't spoil it, but it fucking sucked, and ended up being another one of those "glossy" supernatural horrors, such as Insidious and the like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment