-->

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Morrisey - Low In High School


(Words by Gareth Burra)

Cracking Morrissey album, this! The strongest sounding Morrissey album since 2004's You Are The Quarry, very easily so in my opinion - yeah Christ, I really enjoyed this one. Great sound here, especially from the very grand opener "My Love, I'd Do Anything For You", with its horn section coming into play, adding to that nice big band vibe. I keep going back to this one - a definite favourite!

I won't waffle on about this album too much or pick it apart, but I will say that it is a very solid Morissey album; one that if you are a long-time Morrissey fan I'm you'll very much enjoy. And if you aren't? We'll you'll probably still continue to stay well away from it hoho - I realise he's not to everyones tastes, but this is cracking.

As well as that awesome opener, highlights for me would be the single "Spent The Day In Bed", as I really like the little keys jingle, which mega makes this song, as well as the lyrical content too on this one. "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On Stage", which aside from being a good song in general, I really like the drumming. Lovely drum sounds here (as there is throughout the whole album, mind you). Whilst we are on the subject, the instrumentation aspect of this album is 10/10 to be fair, a fantastic sound. "Home Is A Question Mark" is also very much one I keep going back to here out of the bunch as well as "I Bury The Living", again another mega huge sounding one.

Great record overall, what else can I say!? Listen to in it's entirety and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment