-->

Saturday 23 December 2017

Old Man's Child - Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion


Where has this band been all my life?

The incredible symphonic metal sound of Ill-Natured... is like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant-era Dimmu on steroids, boasting a fatter production job, slightly-less-twinkly song structures and a drum sound that is nothing short of an absolute privilege to listen to. I mean, the fact that we as humans can make sounds that are as awesome as this... it brings a tear to my eye! *sobs*. It's almost enough to get me excited about metal again!

Cross Dismember with the already mentioned Dimmu and you get Old Man's Child, on this album's sound, at least. Plus, the art is the stuff of metal album sleeve hall of fame. My only complaint about this album that it is too short. I literally want more. Luckily for me, this is my first experience with the Old Man's Child canon. Galder might be focusing full time on Dimmu at the moment, but I have plenty of time to check out the rest of this project's discography.



No comments:

Post a Comment