-->

Thursday 7 December 2017

All Pigs Must Die - Nothing Violates This Nature

This is one of the chunkiest metal productions I have heard in quite some time. Nothing Violates This Nature is an amazing performance from start to finish; mixing the blistering ferocity of grindcore with the, dare I say it, artsy hardcore edge of stuff like Converge, even Dillenger et al. (2017 edit: I have since discovered that not only is Converge drummer Ben Koller in the fucking band, but this record was produced by Kurt Ballou! Ha!) 

I've caught the band live on a few occasions, and I can confirm that this record is an accurate depiction of the violence and carnage that comes with the band. The guitar work of Adam Wentworth and Brian Izzie expertly walks the line between hardcore and the downtuned hell of death metal. One is reminded subtly of Entombed, but stripped of the trademark (and often imitated) guitar tone, instead plunged headfirst into a more jarred, mathematics frenzy. Great stuff!

I mean, this is brilliant, it truly is (favourite tracks: "Of Suffering" and "Articles Of Human Weakness"). It's just... I keep expecting Kurt Ballou to screech out a tortured roar over everything. I'm having trouble dealing with that expectation at every turn, but then again I'm an idiot. Check it out below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment