-->

Monday 6 November 2017

Roxy Saint - Orphan Child


I have to admit, up until I recently Googled the movie "Zombie Strippers" (for err, personal reasons), I had completely forgotten that Roxy Saint existed. Recalling that the track "Firecracker" off her Personality Tapes DVD/Album (?) was a decent song, I downloaded this record onto my Spotify and gave it a spin. Honestly, I was surprised at what I found, and that it was pretty good. There will be no awards for originality here, but Roxy has an awesome voice which lends itself to this type of music fantastically.

For better or worse, it reeks of that typical "we are young and/or crazy and we don't care" Hollywood rock'n'roll attitude, but there are a few stand out tracks that poke through the swagger and rebellious whiskey-from-the-bottle world view; of which, "Bimbo on the Phone" is probably the best. Enjoy.

(Excuse the crappy resolution art on today's post - my humblest apologies to you, dear reader!)

No comments:

Post a Comment