-->

Thursday 16 November 2017

Basement Torture Killings - There's Something About Beryl


Yesss here we fucking go; the long-awaited third album from gore/death metal maniacs Basement Torture Killings has finally dropped on Grindscene Records, and fuck me it's a corker! I can honestly say, this has to be my favourite BTK album so far, I'm just sorry that the LIW downtime got in the way of me telling you all, not that my opinion really matters or anything. The production here is on point, literally. Everything is balanced perfectly, and those fucking drums sound absolutely amazing. 

This is the first record with new(ish) vocalist Beryl. She brings a nightmarish dynamic to the razor-sharp death metal sound; her lows are incredibly punishing, and act as the perfect foil to Tarquin's Walker-esque growls. 

Check out the video for "Rat Catcher" below. Any death metal band that sings about Wensleydale is 10/10 in my books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment