-->

Sunday 9 April 2017

Sodomized Cadaver - Verses Of Putridity

You'd think that given the opportunity, I would do everything in my power to throw mud at this band, but the reality here is that I have to admit that this is a decent fucking record. The production is solid, the riffs are intense and the vocals are on point. As with the previous release, Vorarephilia, the main downside is that for some godforsaken reason the band used a drum machine in lieu of their actual, real-life human equivalent, essentially making Verses of Putridity a solo record from a guy that isn't even in the band any more. A pretty accurate representation of the band's sound, then?

Objectively though, as above, this is a wicked slab of metal, it's just a crying shame that it doesn't feel like a coherent band recorded it. I'll leave it at that before I get ahead of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment