-->

Saturday 11 March 2017

Eisley - I'm Only Dreaming


(Words by Burra)

So here we have Eisley's first release since the departure of Stacey and Chauntelle (as well as drummer Weston who remains as a studio member but not a live member), leaving vocalist Sherri Dupree Bemis and bassist Garon Dupree to pick up where the band left off and move forward. It is always tough to lose band members, especially ones that brought a lot to the table and in this case, the loss of the beautiful vocal harmonies between all the Dupree sisters. I was very keen to hear how the sound would be affected, if at all. 

What we have here though is a very nice sounding record; still luckily managing to capture the soothing, dreamy, spacey, far-away Eisley sound that I have always loved, and with guest appearances too from Sheri's husband Max Bemis (of Say Anything) and Anthony Green (of Circa Survive and Saosin). 

Opener "Always Wrong" instantly erased any doubt in my mind that this wasn't anything but a solid Eisley record, despite all the missing personnel. Personal highlights for me are the Anthony Green collaboration "Louder Than A Lion", and definitely the tracks "You Are Mine" and "Snowfall". That being said, Eisley are the type of band where I can easily just listen to the entire album in full rather than single anything out, hence my very brief picking apart; it all just flows together so lovely and it is easy to get lost inside it all. That is the best way to enjoy this band in my opinion.

So, all that's left for me to say is I'm really glad that the group continued despite the setbacks and blows to it and returned with such a great album; they will still continue to be a personal favourite of mine. I hope other fans of the group will agree.



No comments:

Post a Comment