-->

Thursday 9 March 2017

Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage


(Words by Griefmonger)

I’m  a prissy fuck. I thought this would be a straightforward shit-shoot. And I was wrong. We have got at least 15-17 mins of engaging music (and vocals may I add), although I dare you to try and make it to 20 mins without getting diabetes, which is when it becomes a shitestorm of Trivium, Metallica, Hatebreed and Alice in Chains. There is no amount of nonsense or high end guitar that stop your riffs sounding like Bon Jovi.  There are a couple of blast beats, though.

After this point I think that they are just trying to be clever (and failing, where many other bands have). You know where other bands do a keyboard or flute on a track? These guys make that a full track. I’m gonna try and be positive by saying that they have a couple of riffs that are supposed to be low key intros but I’m trying to justify a band that has big bucks behind them and are trying to sound like Alice in Chains when they where meaningful yet end up sounding like Trivium (who in turn are trying to sound like Metallica who are in turn also trying to sound like Metallica). 

I might be a bit biased as I like depressive suicidal black metal, but never have I listened to an album that made me want to kill myself more than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment