-->

Friday 31 March 2017

Abigail Williams - In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns


This is one of those albums that I ended up checking out purely because of the cover art. I've been avoiding Abigail Williams for the best part of a decade, purely because I thought they were some sort of shitty scene metalcore band or something, and whilst they do bring that kinda "edge" to the table, In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns is a complex piece of a work and a decent contribution to modern black metal. Imagine Dimmu Borgir meets Suicide Silence, or something along those lines.

Speaking of Dimmu, I could swear this band picked up Mustis after the Norwegian titans shuffled their staff; the keyboard playing is fucking on point. The metal is solid, especially the guitar work, but I keep waiting for the onslaught to end so I can get a earful of that sweet, sweet piano. Anyway, an incredibly solid record, although not something that I would usually pick.


No comments:

Post a Comment