-->

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Om / Six Organs Of Admittance - Split 7"


It is quite a bizarre feat to see the sprawling works of Om confined to the time restraints of a 7" record. Nevertheless, the duo manage to pull it off without it having any negative impact on proceedings. I seem to keep forgetting (I know, right?) that Om are one of my favourite bands, and this obscure 7" does not disappoint in any way shape or form. However, if you are new to Om, I would suggest starting where their music has a bit more room to breathe.

This is however, my first dabble with Six Organs Of Admittance; "Assyrian Blood" showcases intense atmospherics, with hopeless drones verging almost into harsh noise. This is musical meditation pushed up to 11. The material on this split in particular reminds of the group Barn Owl, if not a bit more introspective. 



No comments:

Post a Comment