-->

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Holocausto Canibal - Sublime Massacre Corpóreo


I've been listening to Holocausto Canibal on and off for quite some time now, as well as that, Judas Cradle share a split with them and have played live with them, but one thing I've never done is looked backwards at the bands older stuff, until now, and I literally could not be happier that I did so. This shit leans more towards the late 80s / early 90s dirgy goregrind sound rather than the band's later, more Exhumed-style (as a comparison) gory death metal. Which is fucking great, because I love this type of stuff.

A variety of horror samples break up dirty downtuned metal, growling gurlges and a perfectly pitched snare drum. Expect horrifying sounds that are reminiscent of Haemorrhage, General Surgery, Gruesome Stuff Relish, even with hints of earlier Lividity recordings, and all slopped over with a heavy early Carcass vibe (it is impossible not to have this, in these circles, I think).  

Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment