-->

Tuesday 17 November 2015

MZ. 412 – In Nomine Dei Nosti Satanas Luciferi Excelsi




































I came across MZ. 412 on my quest for bands that mix black metal with power electronics. Although to me MZ. 412 takes elements from both genres of music (with both being quite introspectively similar in some respects and also a million miles apart in others), yet it seems to stand alone from both in a sound more rooted in industrial, or experimental ambience.


This is something morosely militant about In Nomine... which lends heavily from the martial side of power electronics, and yes, the repetitive beats are distorted and overpowering, but that’s where the similarities end, for me at least. This creepy, isolated record is more akin to the soundtrack for some independent horror movie rather than anything along the lines of A Blaze In The Northern Sky.

I write lots of words and post the pretty pictures but realistically the music itself needs to do the talking. Mad props to Dave Wilson for introducing me to the world of MZ. 412.

No comments:

Post a Comment