-->

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Dwarves - Blood Guts & Pussy


I absolutely love (The) Dwarves. They are probably one of the most fun bands I’ve seen live, and all their albums (even the dodgy pop punk ones) are bursting with a childish, youthful punk energy, even as the band continue to age in the physical world. Blood Guts & Pussy shows a much more hardcore punk orientated side to Dwarves that unfortunately quickly died out as they adopted a cleaner, more mainstream sound. It matters not though, as for me, Blood Guts & Pussy is an absolute classic in the fields of short, fast and loud.

It’s very cheeky to call this an album as it’s over really, really quickly, but I don’t suppose its short enough to be an EP either. Opener “Back Seat Of My Car” is probably the most punk thing ever, as is “Drug Store” and the enormously rude “Let’s Fuck”. “Fuck You Up And Get High” is one of the simplest yet greatest tunes written in the history of music, while “Flesh Tantrum” is a stomping, bass-heavy mid-pacer dripping with malice. “You make my skin crawl!” spits Blag Dahlia, over and over.

The only downside with Blood Guts & Pussy is that it kinda just fizzles out; there’s no real ending as such, it just starts, fucks you up and then finishes abruptly. I guess it could be fleshed out a bit more with a few more solid tracks but then again I think that more than likely detract from the whole point.

Yeah, I’m Gonna…

No comments:

Post a Comment