-->

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Scatman John - Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)


SKI BA BOP BA DOP DA FUCKIN' BOP NIKKA

A bit of a jokey post for you, considering it's April Fools and all. Despite the ridiculousness of the content, this is a genuinely canon Lines In Wax post and has been added to the Collection page and everything. Ho ho! I got this alllll the way back on January the 2nd when I was helping my buddy Phil out at his job recycling textiles, and I saw it sitting on the shelf in a charity shop for 50p. For the sheer lulz that followed in the van for the next 5 minutes or so it was worth the money, especially since I wouldn't tell him what I'd bought; I guess he thought it'd be really heavy or something. Ha!

 

I remember back in the day when this was on every radio station and in rotation at every school disco the length and breadth of the UK. I don't particularly like the song, I'll be honest, but there's something about that cheap 90s dance vibe that really takes me back, y'know? Next thing I'll have the 12" of Cotton Eye Joe or something. Shit. That'll do. Fuck this. I'll see y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment