-->

Thursday 10 October 2013

Phobia / Suffering Mind - Split 5"



Two grindcore titans going head to head on a ridiculously novelty-sized record? What more do you fucking want from this genre, I ask? Phobia rip into something very fucking impressive, which is great news for me as I've not been too impressed with their output as of late (it's not bad, it's just they used to be so good!). "Grind Bleed Your Soul", the only song here, is fast and tight as fuck, and the drums are absolutely mind blowing. Brilliant stuff.

 

Poland's Suffering Mind have been ones to watch for a good while now, churning out crazy-sized wreckords and splitting like it was nobody's business. This is my first purchase by them though, as I've been putting it off because I know I'll want to fucking buy all their shit, some of which is impossible to find! Nevertheless, when I saw this 5" at Obscene Extreme I couldn't resist it. Suffering Mind sound a lot like Insect Warfare to me, and this can only be a good thing.


This fucker is limited to 666 copies on Behind The Mountain. I have number 406, which is like a piss yellow. You can also get this on black vinyl, which is much rarer and comes with two patches. Hardcore!

No comments:

Post a Comment