-->

Monday 21 October 2013

Ostie - Howls Of The Dead / From The Hate Factory



I have been warned in advance of how nasty these picture lathes sound, but I am pleasantly surprised by how clear everything is...I have heard some absolutely fucking shocking lathe cuts, and this is far, far from the worst. From what I can tell this is two one-sided lathes glued back to back, with a picture trapped between them...that's a pretty ingenious way of making DIY picture discs, I gotta say. I dunno who cut these, but they were released by Ostie himself in Canada and Legs Akimbo Records in the UK.


"Howls Of The Dead" is pretty entertaining, not to mention kvlt as fvck, complete with sampled wolves and some serious riffage. "From The Hate Factory" however cements the reminder that Ostie must be a joke, despite it's super-serious black metal vibe. Anyways, these are pretty rare, not to mention collectable as fvck (I mean, just look at it!) so I'll be holding onto this like it was the last thing on earth. Seriously cool! Or should that be "seriously frostbitten"?

No comments:

Post a Comment