-->

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Cethalotripsy / Membro Genitali Befurcator - Split 7"



I'll be honest and admit that I only bought this 7" because Cethalotripsy were on it; they are one of my favourite "slamming" brutal death metal bands and are a total guilty pleasure of mine. Man, this shit is so sick! I'm a total sucker for this stuff when it's done right, and Cethalotripsy have yet to fail to deliver the gore-drenched slams. "Ulcerated Mass Of Pestilent Engorgement" is a fucking amazing song name.


Membro Genitali Befurcator are pretty decent as well. Lots of blasting going on here with nice heavy chugging mixed with some more-traditional metal riffing. The vocals are of the usual brutal death stock and the tracks lurch along at a fairly slow pace (for brutal death metal, at least) but the perfomance is more than interesting enough to keep me hooked until the wax ends. I'm not entirely sure what a Befurcator is, and I'm not sure I really want to find out, but these are a band I'll be keeping an eye on. I figure they are fairly new as they don't have much stuff out.


Coyote Records is a name that keeps popping up on my forays of filth into various underground genres, so I'm gonna have to give their entire release catalogue a look over when I get a spare minute or two, but for now you can check 'em out on the above hyperlink, and check out a tune from this split in the below video.

No comments:

Post a Comment