-->

Friday 14 June 2013

STLS - Drumcore



Now this is a funny one. Meet STLS, an all-percussion group. This is their debut - and only - release to date, the Drumcore EP. Drumcore is basically four "songs" constructed out of the grooves and percussion of two very busy drummers. A bit dull at first, even a bit artsy-fartsy for some, but once you've played it for long enough you begin to appreciate the effort involved here.

 

Gone are the days of my impulse buys, so it is a pure fluke that this 7" is in my collection. It was bizarrely listed on the Relapse webstore, which is odd because they don't usually cover stuff like this. The question that needs to be asked though, is if I knew in advance of STLS' sound, would I have still bought the record? And the answer is no. Out on the indie label Kill Rock Stars.

 

I can't find any links to this so here is a video of STLS getting their drum on at some art festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment