-->

Friday 16 November 2012

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse


This is the slipcase CD version of the 1994 classic black metal record. I've never liked Emperor if I'm honest, even though I should. The giant black metal phase of my life has for the most part passed and I doubt I will ever get into them. I always wanted Emperor to be good but every time I spun this disc I found it insanely hard to listen to. I guess it's the production or something; bad production is a given in black metal but what we have here is nothing but drums and echoing.


Song wise, everything falls together nicely. It's raw, yet at the same time elegant and majestic. But I just can't get passed that wall of bins, man! I feel like the ash man has driven his truck down a wind tunnel. Jesus! Essential, but fairly useless, as far as I'm concerned. Out on Candlelight Records



No comments:

Post a Comment