-->

Thursday 23 August 2012

Re-Animator - Condemned to Eternity






































I don't particularly find this record exciting in any way . As far as middle of the road, no frills thrash goes, Re-Animator have got it down to a tee. I'm sure that there is a bunch of metalheads out there who love this, without question, but the reason this is in my collection actually has nothing to do with the music on the disc. It is there because of its artwork.

 

The artwork was done by a man called Terry Oakes, who just happens to be my mother's brother (my uncle, if you can't figure that out ha ha). I always knew that he did paintings for a living but I was unawares for years of a.) the type of paintings that he did and b.) that he did record sleeves. This is just one of many album covers that he has done in his time as an artist. I have more by him in my collection (donated kindly by the man himself) but I am still searching for a pretty few others out there.


I do kinda feel bad that someone in my close family has been doing something this cool for years and I didn't even bother to find out more about it. Ah well, if anything it was my loss! Lucky for me I now have a whole ton of prints and a bunch of original pressings featuring Terry's art. Can't go wrong with that. Shame about the shit thrash! ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment