-->

Monday 25 June 2012

Gallows - In The Belly Of A Shark






 


I had a passing interest in Gallows when they hit "the big"; they were a gritty band combining the groove of traditional/doom metal with the energy, anger and song structure of hardcore and punk. Unfortunately, I've spun the one record with this song on it a few times (I can't remember what it is called) and I don't get it. I love "In the Belly of a Shark" as a single though, which is a cracking tune. That is as far as my Gallows-liking goes though, and when the ginger fella left I cut off all interest completely. Oh, and that cover they did with Lethal Bizzle was so fucking bad it was amazing.

I got this for a quid in Zavvi when it was still afloat not drowning in debts it couldn't pay. It has way over-the-top artwork; a full gatefold sleeve and even a full colour printed inner for the 7" to live in. The disc is purple and spins at 45rpm, so it is over before you even realise what the feck your listening to. Side B is all filler, if I'm honest. This is worth about a tenner now, so I guess I could always sell this in the future. This was put out by nasty media giant Warner Bros (who I won't link to, thank you very much).



No comments:

Post a Comment