-->

Friday 18 May 2012

Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off



 

This is a classic in my book. Never considered myself a Kennedys fan but I love this song. I remember hearing it on some faggot-ass Kerrang! compilation CD when I was in Sixth form. That I would later go on to discover Napalm Death had covered this made it even better. There is a few different versions of this pressed by both Subterranean Records and Alternative Tentacles, and I was initially confused with which one I had. I was convinced (as I got it so cheap) that I have a repress, but alas it is an original pressing of the clear sleeve version complete with arm band. Earlier again pressings were on white card, or included a white inner inside the clear plastic. Phew.

I remember buying this at a shit hot little punk shop in Cardiff. There is this shitty antiques hall that is open three days a week which is excellent if you need to pick up a bunch of crap that no fucker else wants, and this little d.i.y. punk label(?) / shop was set up in a cubicle there. I walked passed it a bunch of times but the one time I went in there it was just after Christmas so fortunately I had a bit of money and I was able to buy a nice pile of records. Sadly, the little shop is gone now. What chance has punk against Britian's endless recession?

PS excuse the quality of the photos on this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment